Skip to main content

Break 'n Bread Food & Wine Festival 2012


This weekend marks one of the top food events in the state of Alabama - The Break 'n Bread Food & Wine Festival, and I am super duper excited to go this year.  The Birmingham Originals is an organization of our city's finest restaurants, and they are going big this year by hosting what promises to be the best BNB festival yet.

For those of you that live close to Birmingham, AL and are interested in attending, here are the details:

WHAT:  Break 'n Bread Food & Wine Festival
WHEN:  Sunday, October 14th
TIME:  1:00PM - 5:00PM
WHERE:  Railroad Park
TICKETS:   $35 for regular, $75 for VIP and children under 12 years old get in free

Break 'n Bread happens to be the signature experience for the Alabama Tourism Board's Year of Alabama Food campaign, and will feature an array of amazing food from nearly 40 Birmingham Originals restaurants.  A sampling of the restaurants include:

Ocean
Ted’s Restaurant
Slice
The FishMarket
Little Savannah
Daniel George
Mafiaoza’s
Nabeel’s
Hot and Hot FishClub
Satterfield’s

A wide selection of wine and beer will also be available from Birmingham's own Good People Brewery, International Wines, Pinnacle Imports, Royal Cup and more.





Here's some additional information about the event, straight from the source:


Since 2003, the Birmingham Originals have organized this grand fundraising event to not only celebrate the South’s talented chefs and local farmers, but to give back to the community that has supported them over the years. In an effort to continue pushing the envelope and delighting the crowds, Break ’n Bread will once again play host to four multi-award-winning chefs from out of the state. Chef Adolfo Garcia of RioMar, La Boca and a Mano; Executive Chef Brian Landry of Borgne Restaurant; and Chefs Alison and Slade Rushing of MiLa will helm the VIP area, serving up Big Easy-inspired dishes with Big Easy attitude.

While food enthusiasts gather at the tasting tents, just a few steps away will be a dedicated children’s area featuring face painting with clowns from the Children’s Hospital of Alabama, petting corner and entertainment from the Birmingham Zoo, healthy kids cooking demonstrations, Desert Island Supply Company writing workshop and a pumpkin decorating station. Local farmer’s market vendors will also be stationed in and around the park, offering a variety of fresh produce and artisan products.

Tickets for Break ’n Bread and additional information are available at www.birminghamoriginals.org and on the Birmingham Originals Facebook page.  Prices are $35 for regular, $75 for VIP and children under 12 years old get in free.  A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Make-a-Wish Foundation, Camp Smile-a-Mile and United Way’s Healthy Communities.

I hope to see you there!!  :)



***All photos are courtesy of Birmingham Originals***
Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absolutely Sinful Cinnamon Rolls

***Alrighty, here are the cinnamon rolls that I mentioned in my previous post. I put these together on Christmas Eve, and then baked them on Christmas morning. Let me just tell you...there's nothing quite like the smell of yummy cinnamon rolls wafting through the house on Christmas morning...ahhhhh...so wonderful! This is going to be a new tradition for us...fresh, homemade rolls on Christmas. I thought that I might try this recipe, and then maybe try a new one next year...until I found one that I really loved. However, I hit the jackpot on the first try! This is THE recipe that I'll always use. UPDATE:   Since originally writing this post in 2008, I've  made these cinnamon rolls every year for Christmas!  They are a holiday tradition that my family looks forward to all year!  You can see my other posts here, with lots more photos of these sinful cinnamon rolls: CHRISTMAS 2009 CHIRSTMAS 2010 CHRISTMAS 2011 The great thing was that I could prepare them on Christmas

My Favorite Quiche!

***It's not often that a recipe is worthy of re-posting.  I think I've only done that once or twice in the entire time I've written this blog.  However, this is one of those rare occasions.  Back in 2009 when Brad and I went to Europe, we had the most amazing Quiche Lorraine at the incredible Les Deux Magots cafe in Paris.  It was delicious and was served alongside a yummy salad of fresh greens (Quiche Lorraine sur Salade Verte).  Oh, it was heaven on a plate!  It also didn't hurt that we were sitting on the patio of one of the most famous cafes in Paris, after all...haha.  The atmosphere and people-watching in that particular area are hard to beat. I'll never forget the elderly lady that was sitting at the table right next to us (the tables were situated pretty close together).  She was dressed to-the-nines, was all by herself, and was just the quintessential, classy Parisian lady.  I wish more than anything that I had tried to strike up a conversation with her

Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread - Southern Living

***There seriously aren't very many things that smell better than Banana Nut Bread baking in the oven.   Don't you agree?  This recipe for Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread from Southern Living magazine was one of the very first recipes that I added to this blog...back in November 2007!  In fact, I came across it when I worked for the magazine as a Marketing Intern.  Back then, I didn't have a photo for every recipe, and the blog post was simply the recipe and nothing else.  Because this is my go-to recipe for Banana Nut Bread (and because it is so amazing!), I thought that it deserved a little more attention.  This is quite honestly some of the best Banana Nut Bread that I've ever had.  An entire 8oz. package of cream cheese is added right to the batter, along with 4 mashed bananas.  The cream cheese adds so much to this recipe, with an incredibly moist texture being the main component.  Plus, the roasted pecans are the perfect addition.  Roasting the nuts brings out