Skip to main content

Red Berry Macarons & Europe!


***So, I just had to give the macarons another shot. After all, practice makes perfect, right? These came out really pretty...I plan to continue my quest for the perfect macaron, though. My macaron skills still need improvement! I found a yummy-looking recipe over on Tartelette for Red Berry Macarons. You can find the recipe HERE. The cream cheese buttercream and berry jam combination is simply divine!

You may have noticed that I've made several posts lately that include French cuisine. That's because Brad and I will *hopefully* be going to Europe at the beginning of the year. I am SO stinkin' excited, that I can hardly stand it!!! We'll be taking 2 weeks to travel throughout several different countries...France, Germany, and Italy.

Brad's aunt & uncle are living in Germany right now...his uncle is in the military and is stationed at Ramstein Air Force Base. They are so sweet and have invited us to stay with them for a few days while we're over there. I'd love to go see some of the castles in Germany.

So far, my international travel has been limited to Mexico and the Bahamas....never to Europe! If everything works out, we'd love to visit Paris, Germany, Venice, and Rome. We don't have an itinerary set in stone yet...we have an awesome travel agent (visit Travel Planners before your next vacation!) and just really started researching things. Paris is a must, though...we will definitely be going there. As a result, expect to see some yummy Parisian recipes coming up...most likely from the Williams-Sonoma: Paris cookbook mentioned in the post below.

I'd love to hear from you if you've been to Europe (or live there!). I need all the tips and advice that I can get!

Au Revoir!...that reminds me, I need to brush up on my French, German and Italian...oh my!!***
Before going into the oven...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've never tried making these either. I seriously have always wanted to, but never found a good excuse. Maybe I just should These look soo good!
Tony said…
Keep honing in those macron skills :) hey i found a site that i think you would like, baraaza.com
Anonymous said…
You're going to Europe! I'm so jealous, Celeste! I lived North of Paris for six months in college and have been dying to go back ever since. My one suggestion when it comes to eating out is throw the guidebook out the window and walk through the narrow streets and passageways to the hole-in-the-wall, family-owned, local restaurants. Those are always the best :)

So excited for you and Brad! the macarons look great too!

Melissa Morgan
What a great vacation to look forward to! I've only been to Paris and London... both are excellent places to roam aimlessly and Paris is definitely romantic. Your macaroons looks beautiful and pretty in pink :)
Snooky doodle said…
I just discovered your blog and I really like it. Hope you enjoyed this trip to Europe. Did you visit Malta? It's a small islnd near Sicily. I live on this rock :)

Popular posts from this blog

Absolutely Sinful Cinnamon Rolls

***Alrighty, here are the cinnamon rolls that I mentioned in my previous post. I put these together on Christmas Eve, and then baked them on Christmas morning. Let me just tell you...there's nothing quite like the smell of yummy cinnamon rolls wafting through the house on Christmas morning...ahhhhh...so wonderful! This is going to be a new tradition for us...fresh, homemade rolls on Christmas. I thought that I might try this recipe, and then maybe try a new one next year...until I found one that I really loved. However, I hit the jackpot on the first try! This is THE recipe that I'll always use. UPDATE:   Since originally writing this post in 2008, I've  made these cinnamon rolls every year for Christmas!  They are a holiday tradition that my family looks forward to all year!  You can see my other posts here, with lots more photos of these sinful cinnamon rolls: CHRISTMAS 2009 CHIRSTMAS 2010 CHRISTMAS 2011 The great thing was that I could prepare them on Christmas

My Favorite Quiche!

***It's not often that a recipe is worthy of re-posting.  I think I've only done that once or twice in the entire time I've written this blog.  However, this is one of those rare occasions.  Back in 2009 when Brad and I went to Europe, we had the most amazing Quiche Lorraine at the incredible Les Deux Magots cafe in Paris.  It was delicious and was served alongside a yummy salad of fresh greens (Quiche Lorraine sur Salade Verte).  Oh, it was heaven on a plate!  It also didn't hurt that we were sitting on the patio of one of the most famous cafes in Paris, after all...haha.  The atmosphere and people-watching in that particular area are hard to beat. I'll never forget the elderly lady that was sitting at the table right next to us (the tables were situated pretty close together).  She was dressed to-the-nines, was all by herself, and was just the quintessential, classy Parisian lady.  I wish more than anything that I had tried to strike up a conversation with her

Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread - Southern Living

***There seriously aren't very many things that smell better than Banana Nut Bread baking in the oven.   Don't you agree?  This recipe for Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread from Southern Living magazine was one of the very first recipes that I added to this blog...back in November 2007!  In fact, I came across it when I worked for the magazine as a Marketing Intern.  Back then, I didn't have a photo for every recipe, and the blog post was simply the recipe and nothing else.  Because this is my go-to recipe for Banana Nut Bread (and because it is so amazing!), I thought that it deserved a little more attention.  This is quite honestly some of the best Banana Nut Bread that I've ever had.  An entire 8oz. package of cream cheese is added right to the batter, along with 4 mashed bananas.  The cream cheese adds so much to this recipe, with an incredibly moist texture being the main component.  Plus, the roasted pecans are the perfect addition.  Roasting the nuts brings out